If you haven’t already claimed your Google My Business listing (GMB), you should do so immediately. In doing so you can take advantage of a free tool from Google that will spread your brand and drive traffic to your website. Once you claim your business on Google, you will be able to take advantage of GMB posts.
Google Posts are a recent feature that GMB offers. This new option allows you to increase the visibility of your business on the Google search page and drive more traffic to your website!
What You Should Know About GMB Posts
We experimented with posts for our clients over the last few months and have found these tips to be helpful.
- Posts expire in 7 days
- The recommended image size is 720px X 540px (works on desktop and mobile)
- Total character count maximum is 1500, but ideally is 150 – 300 characters
- Link back to your website using the “Call To Action” option
- Title (if you post an event) is 4-5 words or 58 characters
Add A Call To Action For:
- Newsletter Sign-up
- Ordering Online
- Learn More
- Get Offers
This new Google My Business posting option provides a variety of new online marketing options for professionals as well as, non-profits, small, medium and large business.
Consider The Possibilities!
- Restaurants – Features, Specials, Events
- Retail – Sales, Discounts, Promotions
- Real Estate – Listings, Feature Homes, Open Houses, Blogs
- Recreational – Activities, Upcoming Events
- Non- Profit – Volunteer Recruitment, Fund Raising Activities
- Tourism – Community Events, Historical Locations
- Bars – Weekly Entertainment, Special Cocktails
- Professionals – Upcoming Events, Customer Reviews
- Industry – Safety Info, Helpful Tips
Taking the time to keep your GMB posts updated is a cost effective way to drive traffic to your website. Your content acts as a “free” advertisement on Google Search.
Get Creative With Your Content Posts
- Bring to attention a new product, feature or service you are offering.
- Summarize your latest blog post and link to it with captivating image to grab the readers’ attention.
- Run a contest or give-away
- Add a video and link to it with a description and image.
- Special offers and sales
- Community events you are involved in – Home Shows, Trade Shows, Sidewalk Sales
- Changes with your business
- Post a “Help Wanted” when you are hiring
- Show off your customer reviews with Small Thanks with Google.
If you need assistance with Google My Business or growing your business online give us a call or email us today at email@example.com
Sandi Booth is the CEO, web developer, content strategist, graphic designer, social media manager and trainer at Cktechconnect Inc. located in Chatham-Kent, Ontario. Sandi’s creative style and dedication to clients has ensured that Cktechconnect has become the online marketing company it is today. Since its inception in 2009 Cktechconnect Inc. has helped dozens of businesses and professionals around the world with focused, successful, dynamic multimedia marketing campaigns.
Engage with Sandi on Twitter @cktechsandi